Charged with a criminal offence?
We understand that a criminal charge can affect your work, family and future plans. Navigating the criminal law process is a daunting but essential task. As a criminal defence lawyer, I can help you prove your innocence, or fashion a resolution that will help you move on.
PJKJ Law is committed to providing a thorough defence for all criminal matters including:
- Youth crime;
- impaired driving / DUI;
- assault charges;
- drug related offences;
Questions? Need Help? Contact Us Today
People faced with criminal charges often wonder:
- What is the impact of this charge on my personal life and my job?
- How will I pay for my legal defence?
- How should I conduct myself before my case goes to trial?
- What can I tell my friends and family about my legal challenges?
Our caring legal experts can help you through all of these challenges and address all of our client’s priority concerns.
What do I do if I am arrested?
You’re arrested! Call your lawyer and keep quiet! The first 24 hours are critical to your defence. Once you are able to retain and speak to your lawyer all the necessary information can be dealt with. But, until then be aware that:
- The right to silence is an absolutely essential right. Do not neglect it.
- You have a right to call YOUR lawyer and have a reasonable time to speak with that lawyer;
- You probably will only have one conversation with your criminal defence lawyer. The police only have to facilitate another call in certain circumstances. If you speak to duty counsel you probably will not be able to call your lawyer later that night;
- After you have spoken to your lawyer the police can still interview you. DO NOT TALK ABOUT ANYTHING. No one is interviewing you to prove your innocence. Even seemingly irrelevant banter can be misused against you.
Allow our skilled team to provide you with the defence you require today.
Call us at 1-800-269-7069
PJKJ Law – Pheroze Jeejeebhoy is a Criminal Lawyer proudly serving Hamilton, Burlington, Toronto, Niagara and other areas across Ontario.